Skip to main content

Feature Story Final

 Welcome back to todays blogpost!






In todays blog I will be portraying my Feature story Final. In the previous blog you were able to see my draft of the feature story. I have taken the time to review and make the necessary changes needed in order to get my feature story perfect for the double page spread sheet for my fashion magazine. Stay tuned to see my feature story.





Final


A Glimpse Into All of Fashion


FASHION. A seven letter word which allows anyone to define their personality and style uniquely. Today fashion plays a big role in how one can express themselves through what they wear. “Well fashion is a self-expression lifestyle for me. I get the opportunity to feel confident in the things I wear and embrace my overall character in life from the clothing to accessories,” stated by De’ Marcus Strong. Through this statement it is showed that just with ones clothing people are allowed to show the world who they are and what they are feeling. Being able to wear whatever makes you feel comfortable and whatever makes you feel like yourself is what fashion is about. What is some fashion advice you’d give to others? “Rock what makes you happy and allows you to find your self in the fashion industry, and to have fun with the clothing you wear even if it’s for another gender,” stated by De’Marcus Strong. Being part of fashion, style, and clothing leads you to discovering who you truly are and what types of things you like. De’ Marcus Strong, a Senior in high school who has an outstanding sense of fashion and style . Through him you will be able to grasp what true fashion is and what’s his ties to current fashion trends. 

 

For many years fashion has evolved countless amount of times within society. Today things are much different and fashion isn’t what it was before. Back then people specifically women, weren’t allowed to just wear as they pleased. But today things are different and people are allowed to express themselves and wear as they please. “I normally get clothes from H&M, Zara, Goodwill and some places online,” as stated by De’ Marcus. Fashion has no specific price. Nowadays fashion is just putting on a look that tells the outsider who you are. Whether it be branded, thrifted, diy’ed, or hand made. Someone can put together a very expensive outfit or wear a completely thrifted outfit and rock both styles as equally. It’s not about the price or even the looks, it’s about being yourself through your own style. “I normally get clothes from H&M, Zara, Goodwill and some places online,” said by De’Marcus. Fashion has no designer or rules, you just dress as you please. There is no right or wrong to how you can rock an outfit, no dress code nor regulations. “I can also rock a cool feminine kind of wear, I would say it all depends on my mood and the theme of the event or the surrounding area I am going to,” stated by De’Marcus. A huge part of fashion is also based off of the people we take ideas from and look up too for their sense of style. Famous people as well as superstars are a huge part of what has shaped todays sense of fashion and style. People who look up to their favorite artists also tend to take their fashion styles and dress as them. “Yes I definitely have a couple of fashion icons that I look up too. Like ASAP Rocky, Little Uzi Vert, Audrey Hepburn, Rihanna and many more,” said by De’Marcus. Fashion has many factors that play into how everyone chooses to style themselves in.




Social Media. One of the biggest factors that has helped improve and structure fashion. People have grabbed most of their styles from clothing websites as well as Instagram and Facebook, where people are constantly posting outfits and different types of trends online. What type of trendy clothing outfits have you put together or worn before? “The sweater and white dress shirt with the Y2k hat trend was one that I've worn before, along with the baggy jeans look and I also had an era where I was wearing Dr.Marten loafers,” stated by De’Marcus. Everyone has their own story on how their fashion style came to be and originated. Everyone has their own story on how they came to terms with fashion and how their styles have evolved from there.  When did your interest in fashion first begin? “My interest in fashion began when I first started looking into modeling and watching famous fashion icons,” quoted by De’Marcus. Everyone’s fashion and style is within the individual. It is what you make it to be based off of whatever you choose. Some advice to all those who aren’t confident enough is to wear as you please and not let no one dim your light. Wise lips once said, “Rock what's comfortable to you, fashion can be any hence of clothing,” said by your truly, De’Marcus Strong. XOXO




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creative Critical Reflection (Part 2)

 

Creative Critical Reflection (Part 1)

 Hey guys, welcome back to this weeks blog! For this weeks blog post I am going to be starting my creative critical reflection

Creative Critical Reflection (Part 4)