Skip to main content

Genre Decision

 Welcome back to this weeks blog!






So 
In this weeks blog I will be deciding which genre or topic I will be choosing for my final magazine project for my Media Studies class at school.


After lots of research and reviewing lots of magazines and the different genres of them I have finally made a decision on my genre..... FASHION. From looking at my previous blogs you might have guessed that a i would use this genre because I included fashion magazines in most of my examples. So yes my magazine will be based on fashion, specifically modern day fashion in todays day. I choose this genre because it is very important to me. Fashion is a form of expression for people to express themselves in their own style and own it. The way a person dresses has a lot to say about the persons feelings, personality, composure and more. I like this topic because I am the type of person who believes strongly on expressing myself and voicing my opinions and feeling free to do, say, act, and dress however I feel. So this genre is held dearly to my heart because I love clothes as well! I love seeing the different outfits and styles people are able to come up with and make a really cool outfit out of it. I love seeing people all over the world, from different places with their own styles and owning them.

As a Dominican girl, I grew up with parents who were born or raised in New York their whole lives, which is a place where great fashion comes from. As a little girl my mom used to dress me in all types of different clothing and make me look super cute. Along with that I grew up with parents who also loved fashion and had their own unique tastes in fashion. They loved all different types of clothings and items from all different types of brands and all. My parents introduced fashion to me as a little girl and I looked up to it greatly and since i could remember I've been dressing in nice stylish clothes and putting together nice and unique outfits to my liking. My favorite part of fashion is that there is no right or wrong outfit. You are supposed to dress accordingly to your own likes and wants and no one can really say anything because it is your own choice an opinion. So because of this I chose fashion as my genre and I will execute my magazine to the best of my abilities with all the knowledge I have and will gain by producing my Fashion Magazine.


Thank you all for viewing this week blog, see you in the next one!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creative Critical Reflection (Part 2)

 

Creative Critical Reflection (Part 1)

 Hey guys, welcome back to this weeks blog! For this weeks blog post I am going to be starting my creative critical reflection

Creative Critical Reflection (Part 4)