Skip to main content

Preliminary Cover Page Evaluation

 Hey guys, this weeks blog post will be an evaluations based on the cover page I created for my magazine.



In todays blog I will be thoroughly describing the task at hand, known as the cover page for my magazine, which is portrayed below.






To begin with my magazine is based off the idea of my brothers wedding. It incorporates the main picture as the bride and the groom being the face cover. The picture is finished in white and black to show a very fine but delicate look. As choosing the topic and face of my magazine cover I instantly thought of a wedding as I’ve always loved the idea of weddings and everything that includes romance. I wanted to take a different approach rather than the ones other had included in their own magazines. So I thought to myself what better wedding to make my magazine than my own brothers amazing wedding. The best wedding I have been too and was aw to capture these moments and able to share them first hand through my magazine. The title of my magazine is stated as “The Season of Love” under the broad statement of a wedding. This title gives the magazine a teaser as to what the magazine will be based on broadly, but not the whole picture of it.


To add on to the magazine and its basis, the title “The Season of Love” isn’t placed where titles are traditionally placed. Its placed in the bottom of the page in big cursive letters. What might seem as the title in the front page is the other big letter thats state “Wedding” on the top of the page. This isn’t meant to be the title of the page but more of the overall topic that will be discussed within the magazine. Overall I think I did a splendid job with the fonts and creativity within the front page and the uniqueness of the front page layout. 


Now to add on towards more about the main and only picture of the front cover. The idea of this was based off of my favorite wedding and union of a beautiful interracial couple. Not just making it the main focus but adding in a small but great detail in the photo of the couples complexions combining into one amazing picture and a union for life. I wanted to portray through this magazine the importance of this wedding to me and give my viewers a taste of why to me this is the best wedding of the year. 


To tie in this beautiful topic that I touched on in previous blogs I’d like to add how I incorporated mise-en-scene into my front cover page. The picture is a non focused picture, set in a black and white them. This adda formality and class to the picture. Although it is in black and white you can still see the color and light through the newly weds faces and their captured emotion of joy in the picture.


Thank you all for staying till the end, until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creative Critical Reflection (Part 2)

 

Creative Critical Reflection (Part 1)

 Hey guys, welcome back to this weeks blog! For this weeks blog post I am going to be starting my creative critical reflection

Creative Critical Reflection (Part 4)